BEING YOUR OWN BEST ADVOCATE
Challenges & Strategies for Women in Negotiation
Length: 60–90 minutes
The bad news: An overwhelming body of evidence suggests that, relative to men, women are disadvantaged at every stage of the negotiation process.
The good news: None of these disadvantages are rooted in biology or personality. Women can negotiate as effectively as men, they just need to employ different strategies.
Alison discusses the science of gender at the bargaining table – the false assumptions women make about advocating for themselves, and research-based strategies for correcting these assumptions and being a confident advocate for one’s self interest. As both a negotiation expert and a woman with a long career history in male-dominated fields (mathematics, consulting, and academia), Alison is able to speak from both the head and the heart in a session that is equal parts education and inspiration.
Equipped with the right strategies, women can harness their unique skills to achieve their goals while strengthening their relationships.
WHO IS IT FOR:
- Women in leadership
- Allies of women in leadership
- Leaders committed to creating diverse and inclusive organizations
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN:
- How women disadvantage themselves in negotiations
- The psychology of social backlash against female negotiators
- Negotiation strategies for women that produce results and build relationships