LEADING FROM WHERE YOU ARE
Women’s Power, Advocacy & Influence
Length: 45–90 minutes
What strategies can women use to be strong, confident advocates for their own careers and their own ideas?
This is the key question Alison addresses in this interactive session. She presents strategies that all individuals, regardless of seniority or title, can use every day to increase their influence while building their relationships. Although these strategies apply to everyone, they are particularly useful to women leaders who often struggle with how to speak up and influence productively, without being labeled “aggressive” or “self-promoting.”
Among other things, Alison discusses the importance of setting long-term, ambitious, career goals, becoming a rockstar performer and an “other-promoter,” developing one’s own narrative, building liking and trust, cultivating personal sources of status and power, and making strategic decisions about saying yes and no to discretionary opportunities.
Alison ensures participants leave the session more confident and inspired than when they entered, armed with strategies to maximize their contributions to the organization while also successfully managing their own path.
WHO IS IT FOR:
- Women in leadership
- Allies of women in leadership
- Leaders committed to creating diverse and inclusive organizations
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN:
- The common myths that derail women’s advancement
- Six strategies for promoting oneself without being seen as “self-promoting”
- Key tactics and behaviors that enable women to maximize their contributions to the organization, regardless of title or position